Saturday, May 15, 2010

Deuteronomy 2:34

Deuteronomy 2:34 "And we captured all his cities at that time and utterly destroyed every city, men, women, and children; we left none remaining;"

What a great verse, the Lord God, advocating the mass murder and slaughter of scores of innocent men, women, and children. Now before anybody tries to say that I am not paying attention to the context, or I somehow played with the words to make it sound bad, (trust me I have heard it all) I will briefly explain what is going on and then continue to explain the verse.

Directly from Deuteronomy 2, if you would like to read the story yourself.

Moses is leading the Israelites through the wilderness for 40 years, during this time, he leads them through many cities and kingdoms one of them being Heshbon (controlled by King Sihon). God gave Moses orders to pass through the kingdom of Heshbon, but King Sihon would not let them pass.

This led to the battle at Jahaz which, by the power of God, the Israelites won. After defeating King Sihon's army, at the battle of Jahaz, the Lord God gave Moses and his people the land so they could pass through it freely on their journey.

The preceding verse to Deuteronomy 2:34 states "And the Lord God gave him over to us; and we defeated him and his sons and all his people."(Deut 2:33)

God gave Moses and his people this kingdom so they could "...utterly destroy[ed] every city, men, women, and children..." How is this justifiable?

How can anyone standby this terrible deity? As I described in my last post, God puts good hearted, innocent men through eternal damnation. As I explained in this post; He allows, with the power of His hand, the slaughter, rape, pillage, and torture of His own creations. Stop being blind to the truth that is in the Bible; read it, you will find everything I describe and more I promise you.

My question today to all readers: What are some reasons why YOU follow this divine creator?

Thank you, as always, to anyone who has taken the time to read any of my post. Leave a comment anonymously, start a discussion, and don't be so shy. Subscribe and follow me on twitter for instant updates; you don't want to miss the rest of the "Debating a Christian" series.


No comments:

Post a Comment